Are you a prospective client looking for an awarded buyer’s agent? Or perhaps you are an agency wanting to demonstrate your value above and beyond client reviews and testimonials? This post highlights some of the current industry awards up for grabs and lists recent winners.
Annually Real Estate Institutes across Australia conduct an Awards for Excellence event that celebrates the achievements of real estate professionals within their region.
For states or territories that have a large buyer’s agent representation there have been award categories specific to the profession dating back as far as 5 years; awarding individuals who demonstrate outstanding practices and contributions to the industry. State winners proceed to the National Awards for Excellence with the hope of being crowned Australia’s Buyer’s Agent of the Year.
Entrants are judged on their responses to set criteria, that typically cover the following areas:
- client representation/business challenges – agents must prepare a case study of an example where they provided client representation and encountered a challenge that needed to be overcome
- property appraisal – agents must provide an appraisal of a property of their choice that is currently on the market as they would for a client
- risk management – agents are asked for two examples of how they have controlled risk issues (either personally, for their agency and/or their client) in the twelve months previous
- leadership – agents are assessed on how they have demonstrated leadership in a buyer’s agency in the twelve months previous
- professional development – agents are assessed based on the number and type of training or other activities they have undertaken during the year to aid in their professional development and
- industry contribution – agents are asked how they have contributed to the industry in the twelve months previous through industry group membership or other activities and how this contribution will improve the reputation of buyers’s agents and their profession.
List of buyer’s agent awards hosted by Real Estate Institutes
If you know of any other awards recognising excellence in the buyer’s agent profession please get in touch or make a comment at the end of this post and we will be happy to include an overview here.
Who are the best buyer’s agents in Australia?
Read on to find out who the Real Estate Institute’s have recognised as being the best in their field both at the national and regional level.
Real Estate Institute of Australia (REIA) Awards for Excellence
Real Estate Institute of Queensland (REIQ) Awards for Excellence
Real Estate Institute of New South Wales (REINSW) Awards for Excellence
Real Estate Institute of Victoria (REIV) Awards for Excellence
Real Estate Institute of Western Australia (REIWA) Awards for Excellence